Move over poison ivy there is a new poisonous plant in town that is out to torment your little ones. Over the last few years we have seen this little white cluster of flowers. This plant is part of the carrot and parsnip family. Wild Parsnip has an oil that can cause burns, rashes or blisters to a person’s skin when that area is exposed to sun light. When you are out and about its easy to spot the plant, here are some thing to look for:
What to do if you come into contact with wild parsnip. Wash the affected area with soap and water. Protect the invected area from the sun to prevent burns. As the plant desensitizes your skin. If you are exposed to the plant that can affect the face, bottom of hands, bottom of feet or sensitive areas you should seek medical care immediately.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.